Thursday, October 29, 2009

More random Graphical nonsense

Some Warhol style Pop Art. All I've really done here is reproduce Warhol's original $ in triplicate and played about with the colour hue and saturation in Photoshop to create the yellow and green versions from the original red one. I've never claimed to be the most original artist or designer on the planet, but by the admittedly low standards of plagiarism, I think this turned out quite nicely!

I despise Caramel Wafers. It's like eating ten sheets of wafer thin MDF held together by a particularly sticky, unappealing wood glue, then covered in the kind of chocolate even Cadbury's would find insulting. Unfortunately, I couldn't use those facts as the basis for a 20' advertising billboard design, so I had to go with something a bit more mundane, and probably less libellous. They haven't changed in size (or flavour, I imagine) since they were first introduced in 1957. This piece was produced on the hoof in a few hours in response to one-day brief set by Levy McCallum. There was a prize and everything, which I'm kinda glad I didn't win!


Good old Lucas Electrics, the cause of sleepless nights for many a mechanic, and many a British Leyland customer!

Recyclage Deluxe! I despise the current campaign being run by Stella Artois, which purportedly focuses on the "environmental" credentials of the company. So the adverts take great pains to tell us that their bottles are made from 100% recycled glass, their cans are 50% recycled aluminium, and their packaging is 40% recycled cardboard. I decided to put this little piece together to tie into the current campaign, while simultaneously reflecting my personal belief about Stella Artois - the belief that it is, in fact, brewed from recycled urine!