Thursday, November 19, 2009

Some more random pisstakes/parodies.

Sorry Seat, but nothing you can do will ever be able to convince me that the Leon is anything more than a Volkswagen Golf with a slightly slicker looking body and a substantially cheaper interior.

Let the Leyland bashing continue forever more...

I'm afraid I don't buy into this Scrap & Save idea. I know they've been trying to sell it as an "environmental" measure, but everyone knows it's really to stop the UK's new car market from disappearing down the toilet. Unfortunately, it hasn't really benefited carmakers who actually produce cars within the UK or even Europe, as most of them somewhat stupidly jacked their prices up by around £2,000 to nullify any customer savings/profit losses likely to be made from the scrappage deal. Is a Focus 1.6 Zetec really worth over £17,000? Is a 1.4 litre Vauxhall Astra with barely enough power to pull you out of bed worth an RRP of £15,680? I don't think so!

The Italians, and particularly the Koreans had the good sense to leave their prices largely alone, and as such, with an additional £2,000 off, Fiat's sales are up, while Hyundai and Kia have been challenging Ford for the top spot in the UK market for the past 3 months.

Citroen keep referring to the C3 Picasso as the "Spacebox", so I thought I'd encourage potential owners to get "out of their box".